Life on Earth is not for sissies. Every day presents you with trials and tribulations that can rob your joy and make laughter impossible. But that’s not how it’s supposed to be for Christians.
As heirs to the Kingdom of God, Christians ought to be jolly folks. This 7-week course is jam-packed with practical information for how to sharpen your sense of humor and find funny, even in tragedy.
Laughter is a learned behavior and with over 30-years of comedy experience, I can teach you how to do it. The course contains information that will help you:
- Speak more effectively.
- Encourage others when they suffer.
- Overcome depression.
- Stand up to bullies.
- Brainstorm zillions of ideas whenever you feel like it.
- Laugh more often.
Comedy is a weapon for destroying suffering. Learn to wield that weapon like a pro. It will make your whole life better!
(This course is fun too.)
Course meets twice a week live on Zoom for 1 hour per class (5pm PAC time/8pm EST Tuesdays and Fridays) for 7 weeks.
The first class will be on July 13th. The final class will be on August 27. (There will be no class on August 20th.)
Recommended Reading: “Life is Hardy Har Hard: How to Use Comedy to Make Your Life Better” by John Branyan. Available at Amazon or johnbranyan.com
Each session will be a mixture of lectures and activities. Sessions are highly interactive. Students are expected to participate, not merely audit!
Outline of Classes
- God Decides What Is Funny Jul 13, 2021
- Always Question Everything Jul 16, 2021
- How Your Brain Works and Why It Matters Jul 20, 2021
- Finding The Planks In Your Eye Jul 23, 2021
- Comedy Is A Weapon Jul 27, 2021
- Assert Your Point of View Jul 30, 2021
- Let’s Make Assumptions! Aug 3, 2021
- Passion or Apathy? Your Choice! Aug 6, 2021
- Function 1: Exaggeration Aug 10, 2021